Keeping Up Apearances

Posted by SternMystic

This is not about the famous British sitcom. I watch a lot of tv and much of the tv I watch is in-between mainstream and obscure. In essence, the kind of media I watch is enjoyed by more than a few but not by the masses, ensuring there is certain fan following. But then I do also enjoy mainstream programming. In anycase, the point is, as I watch multiple episodes of various recordings on my DVR, I notice actors moving through time. It is curoius to note how actors have changed over time and I often find myself admiring them for sticking to their profession. They have been chipping away at it with dedication. No wonder then, when they finally shoot to fame and get roles they deserve their acting comes out uninhibited, like second nature. Here are a few good actors that I noticed, have grown to take on bigger roles over time.
  • Leslie David as sweeper after a concert briefly talks to Eric in "That 70's Show" - Stanley in "The Office"
  • Bipasha Basu in tamil movie Sachin with almost no role and one item song - Now a leading lady in Bollywood
  • Jenna Fischer, again in "That 70's Show" as Stacy Wannamaker, jackie's nemesis because she is married and well settled - Pam Beesly in "The Office"
  • Leah Remini in "Saved by the Bell" as Zach's girlfriend and daughter of beach resort owner - Carrie Heffernan in King of Queens
  • Tatyana Ali as extra girl with Rudy Banks in Cosby Show - Ashley Banks in Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Salma Hayek as a nurse for a 1min sequence in Across the universe - No intro needed
  • Mark-Paul Gosselaar as Jerry Kellerman in "Raising the bar" - from Zach Morris in "Saved by the Bell"
The last two don't exactly fit the bill, but I felt like sharing anyways.

This entry was posted on Mar 5, 2010 at Friday, March 05, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Reminds me of this novel called 'STAR' by Danielle Steel.

9:01 AM

Post a Comment